- Powered sugar
- Food coloring
- Mixing bowl
- Put Frosting in to mixing bowl
- Add food color
- Add about a cup of powdered sugar
- mix. Its going to start getting thick.
- Add more sugar into the dough and knead it in. In the original recipe she used a mixer with a dough hook attachment but i don't have that so i used my hands.
- You'll want to add powdered sugar until the dough is soft but not sticky. You'll use about 2 3/4 cups of sugar for a cup of frosting. I didn't measure because was to much works, so i just eye balled it.
- Add a drizzle of oil if you added to much sugar or it begins to dry out
Store in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator . Take out 30 mins before used to soften the dough before play.
Haven loved it! he like making ice cream out off it and just simply squishing it with his hands molding it and having fun with it.
For me though it was very messy. Maybe if it wasn't sugar i wouldn't of had a problem with the mess but we have ants. All I could think about was if i didn't clean this really well the ants would be every where and I'm out of Raid. It dried out pretty quickly and flaked of a lot.
It was fun and i do think its something you have to try at least once with your littles. I mean come on is playdough made out of frosting, that is kids two favorite things combined.