Pages

October 22, 2014

Mickey and Minnie Ears Headbands (Includes Variation For Baby)




I'm so excited about theses ears! I'm taking the  littles to Disneyland tomorrow, YAY. I wanted them to have something special to wear and i cant afford to buy Mickey ears at Disneyland to be honest. So i took to Pinerest and found this awesome tutorial from tutorial from The Suburban Mom on how she made Mickey ears for a birthday party. She has a Youtube video and everything there.

I spent $5 at Micheal's for materials (for 3 Sets of ears) and used some headbands i already had in a drawer. I'm pretty sure that beats what you'd pay at Disneyland.

I did everything exactly like she said to in her tutorial for the two bigger kids ear but went i got to the baby's I had to changes things up a bit. I still used her basic concept but i used a elastic headband for his.

For this one when I covered it with the felt i couldn't glue the felt to the headband because i needed the the headband to stretch freely. This part was tricky . I started in the middle of folded the felt over then tucked it as tight as i could and folded over the other side and glued the felt to the felt. I worked my way all the way around the band going a inch at a time creating a felt tube around the elastic band. I did not seal the ends for the felt tubes together. Instead i left the lose because u need ed elastic to stretch freely.

I measured the band before i started and the circumference of my babys head. His head was about a inch larger the the headband before stretched any. So i began to add pieces of felt in between the original ends of the felt tubing and stretching it to the size of my babys head so it wouldn't be tight on his little head all day long. Its not even noticeable once he's wearing it.










No comments:

Post a Comment