Pages

October 16, 2014

Halloween Slime

What you need:


  • 4 oz white school glue
  • 1 tsp borax
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup water
  • two bowls
  • food color
  • googly eyes

Directions:

  1. mix the glue and 1/2 cup of water together in on bowl
  2. mix borax and 1 cup water together in the 2nd bowl until borax is completely dissolved
  3. slowly pour the glue/water mix into the borax and stir
  4. when thickened add googly eyes knead with hands.
  5. pour out excess liquid.

Storage:

Store in plastic bag in the refrigerator to keep from molding.

Our experience:

 I did not use Elmer glue, I used the 2 for $1 glue form the dollar tree so i knew it wasn't going to be as firm or thick but i messed this one up a bit. I did not let the borax dissolve completely. I was mixing and stirring the last ingredients together but it wasn't firming up enough. Puzzled i looked into the bottom of my measuring cup and saw the problem, a good part of the borax was stuck at the bottom of the cup. I was just trying to hurry up because i could tell by the look on Havens face he thought the whole process was taking too long.
I decided that it was good enough for sensory play and had him put in the googly eyes. When he started fling slime all over the kitchen I moved the party outside. He didn't like the goo on his hands so i gave him a big spoon and he was happy with that. He enjoyed putting things inside the goo, so he started adding his own Halloween decor to the goo...rocks. When clean up time came he used that as an opportunity to give his hot wheels a car wash. All in all it was a fun disaster. i think i might try to get it right another time. I'd say it's worth a try.







 Also wanted to mention i know the photo quality isn't that great right now and I'm sorry for that but i cracked my lens. Bear with me until i can get a new one thank you.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment